Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home
Tatheer Zahra Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 1:37:45 AM(UTC)

Groups: Member

This is super easy to make, very inexpensive and far better for skin than the many gels available in the market. Lets see how we can make it.
Ingredients:
Aloe vera plant, Vit. C powder, Vit. E capsule, Essential oil (optional)

Preparatory Steps:
1. Collect a few stems of Aloe Vera plant. I would say one long stem of two small stems are more than sufficient

home made aloe vera gel How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home

2. If you have ascorbic acid powder, well and good. If not, grind vit C tablet and make it in powder form. I didn’t get abscorbic acid here so I went ahead with vit C tablet.

homemade aloe vera gel How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home
3. One or two vit E capsules depending on the quantity of the gel and also depends on how much vit E you can tolerate. I have a major problem with vit E capsule’s smell , so I kept it just to one.

4. Any essential oil. This is optional. I didn’t have essential oil so I went ahead with Aroma magic beauty oil

How to make:
1. Peel out the stem and take out the gel from the stem. Collect it in a blender.

ho to make aloe vera at home How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home
2. Collect vit C powder and add it to the blender
3. Cut vit E capsule tip and add it to the blender as well
4. If you wish, add a few drops of essential oil in the blender

home made aloe vera gel1 How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home

5. Blend it well.
6. Pour in a cute tub or jar and store in refrigerator.
7. This would come easily for months.

fresh aloe vera gel How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home

Few notes:

•  I did good research on natural preservative and came to know that vit C and vit E are good natural preservatives. I have seen it myself as my body scrub is more than a month old and works very well even though I don’t store in fridge anymore.
  •  The final product would be a little liquid/fluid in nature. It may not be in the gel form as it is available in the markets. I think the reason for this is that either they add something to it or they drain its water.
  •  If you want it to be in solid form, do this – before taking out the pulp of Aloe Vera, hang it vertically. This way its water/fluid will drain out and you will get more gel like consistency.
  •  I didn’t do the drain part as I didn’t mind a liquid gel and also because I was not sure of its properties if I drained out the water.
  •  Some of you may find it difficult to blend it. I found it so tough to make a gel from the pulp. My Morphy Richards’ blender could not break it properly in gel so I did it manually.
  • My gel is in orange color because like I said before I broke down chewable tablets and that was only for the purpose of preserving it naturally.

I hope you find it crazily easy to make and you try it out today itself!

I have been using it for more than a week and each time I apply it on my face, I fall in love with my creativity. mean How to make Aloe Vera Gel at Home

Sponsor  

Tatheer Zahra Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 1:46:25 AM(UTC)

this aloevera gelis best for hair as well

Stella Rockstar Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2015 1:04:49 AM(UTC)

Woman

Much informative post... it's really easy to read and understand as well... I love that way of sharing becasue lots of people can read these kind of post but not get the main point but you absolutly fantastic.... thanks

OmarSalah Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2015 2:07:03 PM(UTC)

I have plenty of Aloe vera plants at home and I usually just use the gel from the plant and place it directly on skin. 
Thank you for your post, I will definitely try it

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply