While decorating a house, bedroom is amongst the rooms in which we undertake the maximum efforts. You might cover the ceiling with attractive Plaster of Paris - adorned with circular golden linings, use colorful textured paint on walls and equip it with fancy lights, fans & chandeliers as well. You can go also go for radiant woodwork in the bedroom, on the bedsteads, almirahs, doors and windows. After designing such a good decor, it is obvious that you would also go for attractive, but comfortable flooring. The bedroom floor no longer has to comprise of a plain ordinary carpet. With some thought, you can change an ordinary & boring bedroom floor into a work of art and praise. When it comes to flooring, there are multiple options available to you, each having its own set of merits and demerits. There are a number of factors that have to keep in mind in order to make sure that you have made the right selection.
In the following lines, we will give you some ideas about choosing flooring for bedroom.
• The first and foremost thing to keep in consideration while choosing the flooring for your bedroom is the comfort. The right type of flooring is the one that is comfortable enough.
• It is of prime importance to ensure that the kind of flooring you are planning to go for is not just attractive, but useful also. Just going by the look will not be enough to meet your purpose. Apply your logical and analytical skills to judge the best option for your bedroom.
• If you will not be having much time to take care of your floors, then go for such flooring that does not require much of maintenance and is durable, like laminate and vinyl flooring.
• Your budget is also to be considered, while deciding on the type of flooring for you bedroom. While marble and wood feature on the higher end of the spectrum, vinyl will be on the other end.
• If your bedroom experiences high trafficking, then it is preferable to go in for laminate flooring. Carpet tiles are another good choice. Though often a little expensive, they last for a long time.
• Flooring Tiles - Flooring tiles are available in different types of materials, such as ceramic, vinyl, linoleum and natural stones, depending upon your need and budget.
• Linoleum Flooring - It is the best buy for the barefoot walkers. It stays beautiful in rough conditions and is water resistant as well.
• Marble Flooring - It offers a graceful, stylish and luxurious look for your bedroom. Earlier considered costly and affordable only by the rich people, it now has many cheaper varieties as well.
• Laminate Flooring - Laminate flooring is both water and scratch resistant and drives people crazy with its beautiful designs.
• Wood Flooring - Wood flooring requires great care & maintenance, because of its delicate nature. However, it goes well with all kinds of furnishings, because of its versatile nature.
• Vinyl Flooring - Vinyl flooring is increasingly becoming the choice of a majority of the people. It comes in different patterns and styles and is very affordable and attractive as well.
• Bamboo Flooring - This flooring is the latest in the design world. It is very lightweight and brings a tropical glow to any room.