Importance of This Sacred Month
The holy month of Ramadan is approaching, it is a time when the gates of Hell will be locked. This is the month of blessings, mercy and forgiveness. Muslims from all over the world welcome this month with much joy and anticipation. We all know that Ramadan has that special night called Lailat-ul.Qadr which is considered to be one of the most important nights in this month as Allah Almighty gives us a chance to wash our sins and become pure.
Ibadah for Ramadan and Kitchen Chores
While Ramadan means extra Ibadah to all, but unfortunately the ladies to some extent miss these blessings. As they spare more and more time in kitchen preparing variety of meals for their families and loved ones. Although in this way they are either rewarded as the hadith encourages that offering meal to the fasting person is also Sawab. So here we have a convenient way to plan your work schedule which does not interrupt your devotion to Allah.
In Ramadan the main objective should be saving of time, so here we shall be considering our sehri and iftari menu.
• Most of the people prefer “Khajla” and “Pheni” for sehri. It is for sure very healthy and nutrient, even not more time taking. But still some young men wants some heavy meal, as they have to carry tough outdoor tasks, they like Paratha, Roti, Sheermal etc. In such cases frozen parathas are best options, if not in budget then you can simply make homemade parathas by following the same steps as u make regular paratha and after rolling the dough, place in between two polythene films and freeze them, it would be same texture as u buy the readymade ones.
• A day or two before Ramadan you can make variety of kababs, like shami kabab, chapli kabab, behari kabab and store them in freezers. By doing this your time will be saved in Sehr and Iftar. You just have to warm it and serve.
• Boil black peas and chick peas that can be consumed with in 2 – 4 days freeze enough quantity in containers to be cooked at a time. And the time you have to cook, just warm in microwave and mix required spices.
• Tamarind paste is a key ingredient for all iftaar meals, so soak about a fist full of tamarind in hot water and take out its pulp by extracting in a strainer .It would be enough to be consumed in 3 – 4 days.Keep it in air tight jar and place it at the most chilling area of refrigerator. It can be used in making various chaats and chutneys.
• For pakoras and fritters, prepare a mix of coriander seeds, cumin and whole red chili, slightly roast and blend it coarsely. Also store it in jar and the time you are dissolving gram flour for pakoras just add required amount. It can be easily used during whole month.
• You can easily cook main meals after your Zuhr prayers, it could be either curry or lentil and if rice or pilaf, then prepare its masala before and by the time of iftar simmer rice with it freshly. In this way you will be having enough time to recite Holy Quran between Zuhr and Asr parayers.
• Start preparing iftar about 1 to 1 and a half hour before, so that you are done with your cooking of appetizers, beverages and dinner before maghrib prayers and offer Salah easily.
• Making a Ramadan menu earlier for Iftar and meals, and working out when you want to invite relatives, neighbors and friends for Iftar will give sisters the opportunity to catch Tarawih and various other advantageous Ibadat.
Match Ibadah with specific times that carry more reward, Prepare to do Itifkaf, increase asking Allah for forgiveness in the last ten nights of Ramadan. Plan to give increased Sadqa this month. Try to finish Holy Quran minimum 2 – 3 times. By the end, brothers may also help in cooking and cleaning, as it was the practice of the Prophet (P.B.U.H) himself, this way you can increase your reward this month. Finding other ways of gaining the pleasure of Allah in Ramadan will Insha Allah help you benefit more from it.