Choux pastry is use to make French pastry like éclair, profiteroles, cocombush. Traditionally served with topped chocolate and filled with fresh cream. There are more varieties that we found in café or bakeries with coffee topping caramel glaze, strawberry etc.
Let’s learn how to make choux pastry dough from the scratch and then how to bake them.
Ingredients we need:
For the choux Pastry:
Flour 2 oz or 4 tbsp
Butter 2 oz or 50 gm
Vanilla essence 2,3 drops
Salt a pinch
Sugar a pinch
Water 1/4 cup
Cream 8 oz
Icing sugar 1 oz or 2 tbsp
Beat cream by beater add sugar and beat more keep into fridge.
Topping: (Chocolate Sauce)
Cooking chocolate 2 tbsp
Cocoa powder 2 tbsp
Butter 1 oz
Icing sugar 4 oz
Cream 2 tbsp
Milk 1 tbsp
Melt chocolate add all ingredients and cook to mix let it cool on room temperature.
1. Line baking tray with butter paper and set aside.
2. In sauce pan put water and butter and bring to boil.
3. Now add flour, salt and sugar stir vigorously with the wooden spoon at low temperature till the dough forms a ball in the center of pan.
4. Remove pan from stove and add one egg mix quickly so that no lump remains. Then add another egg mix well.
5. Soft and glossy dough is ready fill in the pastry bag with plain nozzle and pipe out on lined baking tray in 3 inch long strips and pipe out some rounds like small balls.
6. Bake at 200 C for 10 minutes then reduce the temperature to 160 C and bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. When baked remove and let cool at cooling rack and slit on long eclairs and make a tiny hole on small eclairs.
8. Now fill cream in piping bag and fill cream inside them.
9. Dip into chocolate ready to enjoy!
Pleasebe judicious and courteous in selecting your words.
With 2 ozs of flour how many can u make?
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. This is my daughter's one of the most fav food.
Food Glossary |
Contact US |
Shipping & Returns |
Grocery Shop USA |
Wholesale Grocery |
myHenna USA |
VedicPro USA |
mySnacks USA |
Copyright © 2017 Direct Advert Media LLC an website design firm | All Rights Reserved