Where Are Date Plants Grown?
The date-fruit is found in hot and dry regions, including dessert lands. This is because date-fruit requires a lot of ground water to survive, but it also requires a dry and hot temperature to grow fruits.
How Are Date Plants Grown?
• For commercial purpose: Dates are grown from offshoots of mother tree.
• For non-commercial purpose: Dates are grown from seeds.
Grow Your Own Date Palm
• First, collect some fresh palm seeds.
• Soak the seeds in water for 24-48 hours. Change the water once/twice. Use a sharp knife or tweezers to pick out pieces of fruit flesh.
• Put some vermiculite in a plastic box. (Vermiculite is a natural mineral that expands when heated). Sprinkle some teaspoons of water. Then add the seeds and mix them lightly.
• Seal the box and place in the warmest place in your house (e.g. hot water tank).
• Check the seeds every few days (after 2 days). ONLY if vermiculite is VERY DRY, add few drops of water. Wait until the seeds sprout.
• When the seeds sprout, plant them in small pots.
• Date palms do not like being in pots which are too big for them, so when you repot them, put them in a small pot.
• Bury them a little beneath the surface and water carefully (do not flood them with water).
• Keep them warm and then wait.
• At last, a long leaf will appear. And then can proceed to grow on your date palm!
Dates need warm temperatures and bright light, so grow them on a sunny windowsill or in a conservatory. Water the plants regularly.
Pleasebe judicious and courteous in selecting your words.
Sirmy name is Rajkumar Chaudhari from Ahmedabad city of Gujarat state. I am having farm at Rajasthat state which is hot and dry place, so can u suggest me, can i grow date farm and from wheir i can get female date plan?,my contect no00919328203389
Food Glossary |
Contact US |
Copyright © 2013 Direct Advert Media LLC an website design firm | All Rights Reserved