It is one of those when the world is revolving around cricket. The ICC Twenty/20 Cricket World Cup fever is in the air making young and old addicted to fast balls, falling wickets and huge sixes.
At the same time, many kids have their assessments right smack in the middle of the World Cup. For parent it is grave concern and some of you might have started losing your sleep over it.
Here are some tips to help you tame the frenzy:
1. Discuss the schedule with your children before hand to decide which matches to watch live and which ones to ignore.
2. Though the remaining last overs are worth watching, permit your kids to watch the matches. Record the matches so they can watch the rest of them later.
3. On weekends allow your children to let the steam out and enjoy the entire match at a friend’s house.
4. Read the newspaper headlines the next day at the breakfast table to convey your enthusiasm about the World Cup to them.
5. Make them agree to study before the matches start and commit to achieving you can always penalize them by taking away match watching privileges for a couple of days.
6. Have a talk with their class teacher to ensure that the importance of study over games is reinforced at school.
7. Share their passion by watching one or two matches with them. This way you can control the timings and ensure that they follow the deadlines set by you.
8. Tell them you will reward them with a World Cup souvenir if they abide by the rules set by you.
Pleasebe judicious and courteous in selecting your words.
Food Glossary |
Contact US |
Copyright © 2013 Direct Advert Media LLC an website design firm | All Rights Reserved