Instead of focusing on the usual make-up, cosmetics and skin as the key tools to look beautiful, explore the maximum benefits of a good old shower and how you can make it your beauty secret.
1. Keep the shower short. According to expert a shower should not be longer 10-15 minutes, as long shower make one lethargic and drowsy. Also, short showers are refreshing and less dehydrating.
2. Use a moisturizer after dabbing yourself dry. This will help lock in the moisture and keep the skin hydrated.
3. Use a moisturizer according to your skin type.
4. You can also use products of body firming, detoxification, tired legs slimming, to boost blood circulation or may be just for relaxing.
5. Use a shampoo, conditioner, body soap/shower gel, a soft towel, body sponge and a back brush with soft bristles.
6. Exfoliate in shower by using a good exfoliating body scrub and natural foods like honey and milk.
7. Use adjustable showerheads.
8. After shower rinse yourself with water that has been infused with energies of precious stones or essential oils to energize your bath. For maximum benefit, leave the stone overnight in a bucket of water. The next day, after you have finished with the shower, pour a few drops of essential oil in the water and then use the water for a final rinse. You can even rub a few drops of essential oil on the body and then use the water for final rinse.
9. Use a little of the essential oil onto your chest, forehead, calf muscles and the inside of your elbows. The fragrance will last for at least four hours and the feel-good factor will accompany you throughout the day.
10. Use different bath salt.
1. Don’t take shower for tired feet. Instead use lateral shortcuts like soaking feet.
2. Don’t shave before shower. Shaving after a shower is especially better because the skin is exfoliated, smoother and hydrated and a shaving cream is able to make shaved areas silky smooth. A shower prior to shaving also prevents the skin from cuts and irritation.
3. Don’t expose the sensitive areas to the strong stream of water. Use the strong stream at home as a stimulating massage for the cellulite areas. Also, the use of strong showers is great for underwater massages.
Stones For Bath
Malachite: It releases blocked emotions, cleanses aura-energy field and absorbs undesirable energies. Improves immune system, circulatory system and concentration.
Amethyst: Clears your aura and facilitates meditation, is very calming and helps with addictive behaviour.
Rose quartz: The stone of love, emotional balance and vitality. Helps to induce sleep and reduces wrinkles.
Clear quartz: Helps to harmonise, breaks bad habits and clears negative energy.
Kyanite: It works on energy fields and never requires cleaning. It is calming and good for communication. Is especially beneficial for stimulating metabolism, adrenal glands and muscular system?
Emerald: Good for harmony, strength of heart and luck in love.
Turquoise: Excellent for emotional strength.
Jade: It protects against nightmares.
Sapphire: Stands for wisdom, calm and faith.
Rubies: For passion and pleasure.
Essential Oils For Bath
Eucalyptus: Delicate and airy, this oil acts well on the respiratory system. It’s a decongestant, expectorant and is antiviral. It’s perfect for relief of flu, coughs and colds.
Wild ginger: Warm and spicy, it is good for cooking because of its digestive properties. It stimulates appetite, vitality and relieves back pain.
Ylang-ylang: Floral and sweet, it is antispasmodic is a known hormonal tonic, and is good for dry, greasy or damaged skin.
Cinnamon: Very invigorating, is a natural antiseptic and supports the digestive system. It is also antibacterial – making it suitable for boils, warts and acne.
Bergamot: Fresh and green, antispasmodic, antiseptic and very calming. It is also good in skin-healing and for treating acne. Helps to overcome depression.
Sage: A spicy and herby scent, good for hot flushes, it helps with cellulite, water retention and poor circulation. It also has anti-fungal and antiseptic properties.
Rosemary: Is strong and refreshing, purifies the air, is an antiseptic, antispasmodic, detoxifying & diuretic. It is also a muscle relaxant. Not suitable during pregnancy.
Geranium: A sweet and flowery scent, its regenerating qualities help normal and dry skin with a stimulating effect. It’s a good insect repellent and heals cuts.
Vetiver: In brief, it is heavy, woody, sweet and sharp. Recommended for stress and insomnia. Its antiseptic qualities make it efficient for infections in general and skin rashes.
Juniper: This balsamic scent is a balancing agent for the central nervous system. Help to combat cellulite and obesity, good for detoxifying of the digestive system.